It appears that the text you’ve provided contains various sections and headings related to Co-Codamol. Here’s the text with the headings and sections organized:Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Summary of Co-Codamol
- Type of drug: Opioid (opioid analgesic)
- Health conditions prescribed for: Pain relief (muscular pain, joint pains, nerve pain, headaches, migraines, rheumatic pain, and toothache)
- Active ingredients: Codeine, Paracetamol
- Brand names: Kapake, Solpadol, Tylex
- Available strengths: 30/500mg
- Available as: Tablets
- Possible side effects: Skin irritation, difficulty peeing, abdominal cramps (tummy pain), constipation, nausea, difficulty breathing, hearing impairment, headaches
What is Co-Codamol?
- Co-codamol is a type of pain relief medicine that contains both paracetamol and codeine.
- It is sometimes prescribed when other pain relief like paracetamol alone or ibuprofen have not alleviated the pain.
- Low dose co-codamol can be bought from pharmacies, but higher strength co-codamol can only be obtained if you have a prescription from a doctor or pharmacist.
- The codeine in co-codamol can become addictive, so you should have your prescription reviewed by your doctor regularly.
- Co-codamol is sometimes known by its brand names Solpadol, Kapake, and Zapain.
- It is important to read the patient leaflet of the medicine for a full list of side effects and cautions.
Patient Information Leaflet
- For more information on the prescription medication, patients should refer to the Co-codamol patient information leaflet.
Google Web Story – A-Z Guide of Co-Codamol
How does Co-Codamol work?
- Co-codamol tablets contain both paracetamol and codeine.
- Paracetamol works by blocking the chemical messengers of pain, reducing the sensation of pain.
- Codeine is a form of opiate pain relief that blocks pain signals from traveling along nerve cells, further reducing pain sensation.
- Combining these drugs in one tablet can be an effective way to manage pain.
How is Co-Codamol taken?
- Co-codamol is available as a tablet or capsule and can be taken with or without food.
- Some people find it easier to take a soluble tablet.
What is the dosage of Co-Codamol?
- Co-Codamol comes in three strengths, with the amount of paracetamol the same but the codeine varying from 8mg to 30mg per tablet.
- Usual dose is 1 or 2 tablets of any strength up to 4 times daily, with a maximum of 8 tablets in a 24-hour period.
- Codeine can be addictive when taken long term, and withdrawal symptoms may occur.
Are there any side effects to Co-Codamol?
- Common side effects include constipation, nausea, sleepiness, headache, and withdrawal symptoms.
- More serious side effects may include skin rashes, vision changes, dizziness, and difficulty urinating.
- Severe allergic reactions require immediate medical attention.
What warnings come with Co-Codamol?
- Co-codamol may not be suitable for everyone, and certain medical conditions may make it unsuitable.
- Some medications can interact with co-codamol, so it’s important to consult a healthcare professional.
Is Co-Codamol an opioid?
Can you take Co-Codamol for period pain?
Does Co-Codamol affect sexual health?
Is there a link between co-codamol usage and respiratory depression?
Google Web Story – Can you take co-codamol with amoxicillin?
What experiences have Co-Codamol users had?
- The text provides various user reviews of Co-Codamol.
- Information about buying Co-Codamol online in the UK.
Where can I buy Co-Codamol online?
Can I buy Co-Codamol at a pharmacy?
- A list of references and sources of information related to Co-Codamol.
- Additional information and queries related to Co-Codamol.
Is it possible to buy co-codamol at a pharmacy? Yes, according to the NHS, the lowest strength of co-codamol, 8/500mg (typically for more minor health conditions such as a sore throat), is available as an over-the-counter pharmacy medicine. However, the higher strengths of co-codamol, 15/500mg and 30/500mg, require a doctor’s prescription. You should consult with a healthcare professional before using co-codamol to determine its suitability for your treatment.
References NHS – Co-codamol for Adults Cancer Research UK – Co-codamol Medicines.org.uk – Co-codamol Summary of Product Characteristics BNF – Co-codamol Patient.info – Co-codamol for Pain Relief Bupa – Over-the-counter Painkillers Medicines.org.uk – Co-codamol Patient Information Leaflet (PDF) Talk to Frank – Codeine More Information Where to buy codeine online? Is co-codamol effective for headaches? What is Solpadol 30/500? Can you combine ibuprofen with co-codamol? Is co-codamol available over the counter? What are the side effects of Zapain? Is 8/500 co-codamol available without a prescription? Where to purchase codeine in the UK? Is Zapain identical to co-codamol? Where to acquire painkillers online? Where to procure co-codamol in the UK? Is co-codamol a suitable option for back pain? Where to find Zapain online? Can co-codamol be used during pregnancy? Is codeine a potent pain reliever? Can you take paracetamol alongside co-codamol? Codeine and paracetamol 30/500 What is the most potent painkiller available? Buy Solpadol tablets online Can codeine be purchased without a prescription? Is co-codamol effective for toothache? What is co-codamol 15mg? What are the side effects of co-dydramol?